Monitor doesn't work with my PC after I changed PC case

Closed
Porim - Dec 20, 2015 at 01:53 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 20, 2015 at 03:11 PM
Hello,
I bought new case and bought new monitor. And monitor says that "No Cable Connected". I tought that there is some issue with HDMI cable, so I bought VGA-DVI adapter and tried to connect it with VGA(DSUB) cable to DVI input (monitor has got just VGA and HDMI), but it didn't help. I tried monitor with laptop and it was working with bought cables. I would think that GPU is broken, but what bothers me that lights on keyboard and mouse also doesn't work. So could be issue with motherboard or CPU or PSU?
Btw I don't know if it can have something to do with that, but first I accidently connected 8-pin CPU cable other way around (end for PSU was in MB and etc...) since bought plugs are same. But nothing has change when I fixed that and I think (hope) it couldn't do any harm(?).
Thank you.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Dec 20, 2015 at 02:02 PM
It's possible you fried the motherboard and/or the MB is shorting out with the new case. I suggest you remove the MB check the stand-offs posts and reassemble.

Good luck
Actually first I mounted PC just on the table and it didn't work so I just then mounted it to case.
Actually I forgot to say that fans on CPU and GPU are working and PC is running until I hold switch button, just screen doesn't work. Even though it may be issue with motherboard?
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Dec 20, 2015 at 03:11 PM
sounds like you need to replace the motherboard.