I changed BIOS setting also from ACH to IDE but still not woking

Closed
surender2612 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 6, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 6, 2016 - Jan 6, 2016 at 05:41 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Jan 13, 2016 at 12:50 PM
Hello,
my laptop(acer Extens ) while booting says hard disk not detected.....it all happened suddenly ..nothing was wrong with my hard disk as well...my hard disk is 4 months old (HITACHI TRAVELSTAR ) and my notebook is 1 year old...the mesage while booting says.......Pre Boot Execution Environment(PXE) v2.1
Client MAC Addr. 00 1B 24 15 B5 54
GUID 206CA6E6-DB02-D911-8EB7-001B2415B554
PXE-E53:No Boot Filename Received
PXE-MOF:Exiting PXE ROM
Operating System not found
I have tried every thing..have been to almost each and every forum on internet to search the solution but nothing had been working...
I have tried booting from WINDOWS CD ..tried to go into recovery console and also tried to set up windows but nothing worked it says the same thing no hard disk detected.....
I am really very upset and dont know how can I solve this problem.I changed BIOS SATA setting also from ACHI to IDE but still its not working...Plz help me
Related:

2 responses

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Jan 6, 2016 at 07:39 AM
Hi surender2612.

First thing is to change the BIOS setting back to what it was before you changed it(this isnt always factory defaults).

Next change the first boot device to DVD/CD ROM and the second device to your hard drive.

Now check that your machine had the boot from hard drive enabled.

Save and exit the BIOS

Now check that the hard drive is seated correctly. Reseating it often solves issues like this even if they look ok.

Now try to start the laptop. If you get the same message then try booting from a recovery disk or other live DVD (like a Linux Distribution disk). To do this put the live DVD into the drive and reboot your machine. Hopefully you will at least get it booted.

If you still do have the message, then it is likely the drive has failed (or the wire that connects it (power and Data - 2 wires)). Try replacing the wire if possible.

To prove the drive is working before you send it back to the shop, you could install it into another machine and see if it is accessible there.

Please let me know how you get on.
Sir,
I have done all things what you told above.It is not showing HDD in setting.please help me
bcowan Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 12, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2016
Jan 12, 2016 at 07:58 PM
I am very familiar with the output message on your screen. It seems that your computer is trying to boot from network. If possible, try to set all boot sequences to hard drive or CD-ROM only and see what will happen.
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Jan 13, 2016 at 12:50 PM
This is what I tried to get Surender2612 to do in my last post. Now with all that failing, I think you need to take it to a repair shop (or if it is under guarantee back to where you got it from) and get them to help you. If BIOS cannot see the hard drive or the DVD drive then I would suspect motherboard failure.

One last thought - unless the drive is encrypted, then you could try it in another machine and see if it is recognised there, but dont expect it to boot - or if it does dont expect it to be fully functional - I would expect a blue screen to appear.