My mp3 needs a usb drive

Closed
Awesomewolfiz - Mar 4, 2016 at 01:04 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Mar 9, 2016 at 11:01 AM
I need help i got this mp3, at first i could not see it. Therefore i showed all hidden folders, so then i clicked on it in my pc and it had a name like (f:) i clicked on it and it said "Please insert disk into usb drive f:" i don't know what this means. i tried installing drivers but i don't quite know what i'm doing
also i'm on windows 10

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Mar 9, 2016 at 11:01 AM
Hello Awesomewolfiz,

Have you checked whether your mp3 player works properly? The problem may be related to the energy that the MP3 uses. Make sure your USB ports are fully funcional. You could do that by plugging another USB device into them. An idea: go in the Device Manager to see if it gets detected under Other devices or Disks. Another option is to restart the computer and enter the BIOS menu. The mp3 device should be seen in the USB ports menu if it get recognized at a physical level by the motherboard. If you have the option, I would like to recommend you to connect it to different PC with different operating systems to see if it is being recognized there. If it is, try to scan it with a manufacturer's tool designed to test the health status of the external storage drives. If the flash is not recognized anywhere, it may has been damaged.

Hope I gave you some ideas. Cheers.