DVD/CD WRITER DOES NOT RECOGNIZE MEDIA

Closed
tawanab Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2009 - Apr 19, 2009 at 10:24 PM
xpvista Posts 31 Registration date Friday October 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 - Apr 20, 2009 at 04:58 AM
Hello,
My DVD writer shows up in my computer as "E" but does not recognize that there is a cd or dvd when you put one in. When you click on the drive it says "please insert a disk into driver". I have an HP Lightscribe DVD writer/CD writer and I run windows XP. I used it a lot to burn cd's and dvd's but now it won't even read commercial cd's or dvd's. I had tried uninstalling Roxio to install a newer version (which I never could get to run right), could I have deleted something?

I have run the troubleshooter, cleaned the drive, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, etc, all the standard fixes but nothing is working. Could I have deleted something from the registry or programs that is keeping it from seeing the media but not making it show up errors?

Help.

Thanks in advance,
Related:

1 response

xpvista Posts 31 Registration date Friday October 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 16
Apr 20, 2009 at 04:58 AM
hi,
despite uninstalling and reinstalling the driver does not make it to work, then the drive is faulty.
get it replaced.