Macro needed

Closed
nadge1974 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 7, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2016 - Apr 7, 2016 at 10:22 AM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Apr 8, 2016 at 03:32 AM
Hi, I am a complete novice and have never written a macro before. I have an excel workbook with 1 worksheet called 'VOID MASTER' , I would like a macro where by if a quantity is entered into column D, then that complete row is then copied to a new worksheet called 'property'. There will be multiple rows that will have a quantity entered into them, each time I enter a quantity I would like it to automatically copy across that row. Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Apr 8, 2016 at 03:32 AM
Hello Nadge1974,

The following code may be what you are after:-

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim lCol As Long
lCol = Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column

If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub    ' this stops code error if more than one cell is changed at once
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("D:D")) Is Nothing Then

If Target <> vbNullString Then
        Range(Cells(Target.Row, "A"), Cells(Target.Row, lCol)).Copy Sheet2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2)
        Target.EntireRow.Delete
        End If
  End If

Sheet2.Columns.AutoFit
Sheet2.Select

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

When you enter a value in a cell in Column D and click away (or press enter or down arrow), the relevant row of data will be transferred to sheet 2. The "used" row of data in sheet 1 will be deleted.

The code is a Worksheet_Change event and will need to be placed in the sheet1 module (or the Void Master sheet module in your case). To do this, right click on the sheet1 tab, select "view code" from the menu that appears then paste the above code in the big white field that appears. Go back to your work sheet, enter a value in any cell in column D and click away and the row of data will be transferred to sheet2.

On each transfer, the code will take you directly to sheet2. If this becomes a little annoying (and I'm sure it will), then just remove line 20 of the above code.

Following is the link to my test work book for you to peruse:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9talcy8tx4fwkzo/Nadge1974.xlsm?dl=0

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.