No sound to HDMI

Closed
Kanapka - May 4, 2016 at 07:07 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 5, 2016 at 05:32 PM
Hello,

Right so I've formatted my PC and everything before it was perfect. I had 2 monitors connected to it, one by standard VGA the other one on HDMI and I could switch the sounds between all 3 freely, the headphones, speakers and hdmi TV, the sounds was switching immediately aswell. Now after the format I still am able to switch freely between headphones and speakers. But when I get to HDMI audio, it stops the aplication and doesnt play any sound anyways, even after reloading the aplication. When I try to get back to speakers/headphones the sound doesnt play anyways, I have to reload the aplication before being able to have the sound back on headphones/speakers. I do have the HDMI audio listed under the sound panel but it just doesn't work. Any ideas?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 5, 2016 at 05:32 PM
The HDMI sound is generated by a second sound chip on the video card. Have you made sure to install the drivers for that chip?