How to fix doc and docx file?

Closed
cuenca.peralta Posts 2 Registration date Sunday 15 May 2016 Status Member Last seen 24 May 2016 - 18 May 2016 à 09:53
VlastimilJelinek Posts 2 Registration date Monday 23 May 2016 Status Member Last seen 24 May 2016 - 24 May 2016 à 10:53
Hello,


Hi!
I have couple of ms word documents that I cannot open, they somehow got damaged and I get an error when trying to pen these files "file has been corrupted, or cannot be opened". I have tried couple of tools to open this files, but so far no success. I am mainly concern about the content, the formatting can be re-done, do you know of a any tool, or a trick that will open these files?
Thank you in advance!

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 1,824
18 May 2016 à 13:04
There is a tool built in to Work to fix this type of error:

https://www.wikihow.com/Repair-a-Word-Document

Good Luck
VlastimilJelinek Posts 2 Registration date Monday 23 May 2016 Status Member Last seen 24 May 2016
24 May 2016 à 10:25
Two questions:
(1) Are the files DOC or DOCX?
(2) What version of Word do you have?
cuenca.peralta Posts 2 Registration date Sunday 15 May 2016 Status Member Last seen 24 May 2016
24 May 2016 à 10:33
I have one file that is DOC and other that is DOCX (edited ans saved with the current version of word). I have Word 2013, 2010 and 2003. I have tried opening with different versions and I get the same error message. Thanks!
VlastimilJelinek Posts 2 Registration date Monday 23 May 2016 Status Member Last seen 24 May 2016
24 May 2016 à 10:53
Two ideas:

(1) In Word 2013, do a File>Open>Computer and Browse to the file. Click the drop-down arrow on the Open button and select Open and Repair:


(2) For the DOC file, you should be able to see the text (no formatting, of course) by simply opening the file in a text editor, such as Notepad (this doesn't work for DOCX). For example, you may drag-and-drop the DOC file into an open Notepad window.
See if the following article would help also:
deleted by moderator]
Good luck!