Corrupt Installation AVG, Can't download or..

Closed
Deryn - Apr 24, 2009 at 12:55 AM
 jokimhi - Feb 19, 2010 at 01:03 PM
Hello,

Myu computer has recently began not to save downloaded files, I have read some stuff telling me to uninstall AVG, I now have the corrupt installation message, I ignore it, and click uninstall. "Uninstall failed!" then asks me to dl the latest version of AVG, I Have 8.0...thing is...i can't download 8.5!! I wonder why..AVG? before corrupted install message poped up, downloads were fine. now they just wont save...So? two problems :/

please respond! :)
Related:

1 response

travelmate1 Posts 7 Registration date Monday October 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2009 12
Apr 24, 2009 at 04:04 AM
hi,
this may be due to a virus.
try this link to download the Trojan Remover sotware.
install it and then run it.
I have the same problem; cannot uninstall avg and also cannot download. The thing is I cannot install the trojan remover software because I am unable to save downloads.
i have the exact same problem! dont know what to do! if its a virus its a clever one because seems impossible to fix the problem! ahhhhh!
Let me know if you get it sorted out?!!?!
tbrown > chris
Dec 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM
Have any of you found a solution to this problem?

Unable to download from the Internet and Unable to uninstall AVG

I'm using WIndows Vista and IE8. My problem started when I discovered that I couldn't download from the Internet. After days of searching, I determined that my problem could be due to a bad install of AVG. Unfortunately, I cannot uninstall AVG because the tool they provide requires me to download. I'm so frustrated...

When I try to use Add/Remove Programs, I receive the following error:

Installation Failed!

Installer initialization failed due to following error:
Error: @AvgErrorCode_0x0253 %FILE% = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8"
@AvgErrorCode_0x0020

It also looks like both AVG8 and AVG9 components are installed on my computer. If anyone has a solution, please let me know.
jokimhi > tbrown
Feb 19, 2010 at 01:03 PM
I had the same problem! Go to the forum link below and look at the 14th issue.

https://support.avg.com/answers#!/feedtype=RECENT_REPLY&dc=All&criteria=ALLQUESTIONS