Sims2 installation

Closed
anya - Apr 25, 2009 at 09:33 PM
haveffun Posts 8 Registration date Friday November 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2009 - Apr 26, 2009 at 04:50 AM
hey guys!
need your help big time! I had successfully installing the sims2 with the 2 expansion packs (Open for Buss and University) 3 years ago. But unfortunately, my cousin uninstalled it and now when i am installing it again there seems to be a problem... i already bought a new installation pack because the old one's keep reporting a cyclic redundancy error (i've heard this is due to the scratches in the cd and stuff that's why it wont work) and the copy and paste the cds' trick from the net did not work well.

So, after buying a new one expecting that it will work properly... to my dismay it did not at 85% of the 4th disc an error occurred in transferring the file 'TSData\Rws\Movies\Games\SSX\ssx_P2LOSE.movie' and asked me if i wanted to try again so clicked yes too many times 'til the percent reached 100%...thinking that this would be it.... then again i failed. I tried installing it few more time but the error still occurs in Disc 4 at 85%.

I don't know what else I can do now! huhu! I tried everything! i even tried to update my video card for the game and it seems that I have passed all the system requirements.

here's my pc info:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Service Pack 3
Pentium (R)4 CPU 1.70 GHZ
504MB or RAM

nVidia(R) nForce(TM) Midiuart
Intel (R) 82545G GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

tnx guys!
Related:

1 response

haveffun Posts 8 Registration date Friday November 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2009 6
Apr 26, 2009 at 04:50 AM
hi,
try to update the firmware of the DVD drive and then try again.
Or you can search for the missing file and then copy it manually to the destination folder.