WD my passport hard drive fatal failure

Closed
ethio boy - Jun 19, 2016 at 12:57 PM
nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 - Jun 20, 2016 at 05:40 AM
my hard driver is faild, it will apear on my computer list but it cant be opend or formated it display the message "fatal error" when i try to format it.pliz help me !
"from ethiopia!!!!!!!!!!!1"
Related:

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jun 20, 2016 at 03:53 AM
Hi ethio boy,

I am sorry for any problems caused by your external drive. Could you please open Disk Management and check if the drive has a correct file format and a drive letter? I strongly recommend you to check the drive on another PC and with another USB cable.
Try formatting the drive while in Disk Management. Does the error appear? If it does, open Command Prompt and type the following commands:

Diskpart
List disk
Select disk n (where n is the number of the drive)
Clean

Go back to Disk Management and try to format the drive. I remind you that formatting the drive will erase all data stored on it.

Hope this helps

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Jun 20, 2016 at 05:40 AM
Hello Ethio Boy,

I found that your hard drive has turned into RAW Format and because of this, you are unable to format it. I am totally agreeing with the R2D2_WD, that go to the Disk Management and try to delete that partition from there. If it still doesn’t work for you, then use disk part command mentioned by R2D2_WD, to clean the drive…

Good Luck!!!