Asus power failure during BIOS update

Closed
RedheadedGuy Posts 7 Registration date Thursday June 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 25, 2016 - Jun 23, 2016 at 03:58 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Jun 25, 2016 at 01:46 AM
Hello there,

I have an ASUS X751MA NOTEBOOK WITH WINDOWS 8.1 PRO X64.

During my BIOS update, I lost power to my notebook and when it was in the middle of the process. I've tried many of the suggestions on here and I appreciate the efforts and posts but sadly none worked :(

1. Is it possible to create a USB that autoboots the files required recovering my previous ASUS BIOS (as I have only a black screen and before this, my notebook was working)...NOW IT ISN'T.

2. What files do I need to obtain? Is there a particular order the files need to be on?

3. What kind of script (if any) should I generate? And a how to would be great.

What is a safe and surefire way to revover or reflash my bios as it did it during the erase phase and stupid me, I didn't backup :(

Thank you in advance as I'm hoping for a miracle.

Cheers,

Brad
Related:

3 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 23, 2016 at 05:23 AM
Please Do not create multiple post as i already replied to your previous post here.

Anyway i close that topic. Please reply here.

You said that "I've tried many of the suggestions on here"

can you tell us that what are the steps you tried so far?

In mean time,

Did you able to enter into safe mode option? Details here step 5 .
RedheadedGuy Posts 7 Registration date Thursday June 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 25, 2016
Jun 23, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Below are the remedies I have tried so far for my ASUS X751MA

FILE PATH \AMIBIOS_and_Aptio_AMI_Firmware_Update_Utility\amiflash\AptioV\bgt\bgtwin\64

1. Removed the hdd and started
2. Tried HDMI cable to external monitor
3. CMOS reset, power cycled the machine and removed CMOS Battery I didn't see any jumpers, if so, where are they on the ASUS X751MA Motherboard
4. Cleaning of the system meanwhile
5. Removed the RAM exchanged the slots nothing
6. Removed battery pressed power button for 1 min (nothing happened just the indicator lights work, screen is black, tried default F, ESC, andF1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10,F11, F12 and did it also using shift and ctrl, and Windows Key + C and B (doesn't hurt to cover all possible avenues, right?)
7. Power light stays on as does HDD light, DVD makes read sounds when booting
8. Tried to flash boot,with using bios updates on 1GB usb didn't take in all formats)
9. Things left to do: Bang my head on the wall do some black magic and dance around it for 2 days, listen to the neighborhood noise, and play in traffic

Please guide me through this problem... Honestly, is it possible that I can sort it out myself? Any fixes/scripts, files, utilities, unknown tools, anything, please do let me know .

Thank you in advance,

Brad
RedheadedGuy Posts 7 Registration date Thursday June 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 25, 2016
Jun 23, 2016 at 10:16 PM
Oh and I tried to do the Windows Repair and Nil :( Even was willing to reinstall every thing, Thankfully I do 3 backup's but Nil as well :(

HELP PLEASE .
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 24, 2016 at 03:19 AM
Polite reminder:

Can you answer my question 'Did you able to enter into safe mode option?'

see here for clearing CMOS through jumper settings.
RedheadedGuy Posts 7 Registration date Thursday June 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 25, 2016 > Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016
Jun 24, 2016 at 04:54 AM
Thanks for response. I am mot able ti access/see screen since the bios power failure. I tried to use the HDMI, VGA, and even ESATA port adaptor. I pulled the CMOS battery and presently I'm not at home, and I have had it unpowered for over 12 hours... I did put in new SSD and took out the old HDD... I had a friend look into it and he said that could be the cause of my issue... So swapping out the ASUS is a possible culprit.. I will keep you posted and clear the CMOS again.
Jun 24, 2016 at 11:25 PM
Hey there... What button and I had the battery out for over 24 hours... What do I do pkease help me...