DVD player will not read

Closed
NickOMG - Jun 28, 2016 at 05:37 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jun 29, 2016 at 11:04 AM
Hello,
well my little brother just finished the primary school and his teacher gave him a dvd with his best moments at school.He gave me it and I put it in to the dvd player of my laptop but I realised that my dvd player can't read it what can I do?I had the same problem in the past and I called a samsung programmer and he fixed it but he took me 50$ for a 5 minute work so yea,I can't affort that now so any suggestions?
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jun 29, 2016 at 11:04 AM
Hi there NickOMG,

Are you able to confirm if the DVD player can read this type of DVDs? Does it work with other DVDs or it's presenting the same problem no matter what DVD disk?
Did you notice what did the programmer do to make the optical device work? I also would like to know if you have tested your brother's DVD on different DVD read to see if it will work.
You might want to try updating the driver for the optical device by entering the Device manager, locating the DVD player and updating manually the driver.

Hope I gave you some ideas. Cheers.