NEED HELP ASAP

Closed
RatedJake Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 1, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2016 - Jul 1, 2016 at 06:48 AM
RatedJake Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 1, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2016 - Jul 1, 2016 at 07:58 AM
Hey Guys/Girls!

Let me just start by saying that I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to using a computer let alone doing anything else on one!!
So,
I'm borrowing my sisters old HP Pavilion dm1, it's been working perfectly fine since she got it, it's been working since I've borrowed it, only problem is that I closed the lid(turned off) yesterday and today I can't use it because it says Windows files may be corrupted?
I went into the BIOS settings via(F10), in hopes to move the internal drive to the top of the list, but it's not on the screen?!
I'm obviously assuming that it's not on the computer anymore then either?

Ps(sorry if my details aren't that great, I don't understand computers etc that well. All I know is, I'm in some trouble with my sis if I cannot fix this, thanks in advance anyway!!)

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 1, 2016 at 07:29 AM
Try removing all power & battery.

Hold the power button for 10 seconds and try again.

if the HDD is still not listed then you may need to just remove the flap from the bottom of the laptop and ensure the HDD is snug to the connectors.
RatedJake Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 1, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2016
Jul 1, 2016 at 07:58 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a go.
I'll have to google some things about it as I have no idea what to do with the HDD if it's not "snug" into place.

I'm very new to all this