Computer powers on but nothing on screen 2 beeps

Closed
yegorsw - Jul 7, 2016 at 02:29 AM
nvsagebrush Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2016 - Sep 5, 2016 at 04:07 PM
Hello,
I am having trouble getting my computer to work. I left it on in the morning. When when I came back in the evening the screen was black.

When I power it on:
Fans all spin and lights light up on motherboard.
Makes 2 short beeps very fast, one higher and the second lower in pitch.
Screen stays black, no booting occurs.
After a minute of being on the motherboard makes another short higher pitch beep.

I have tried removing all the ram and using only 1 stick, with different sticks.
I have tried holding down the power button for a minute with the power cable unplugged.
I have tried removing the battery and putting it back.
I have cleaned all the dust and reseated the graphics card

Num lock on the keyboard works and toggles the light, however caps lock and scroll lock do not. My mouse does not light up.

Please help! I have run out of ideas on what this could be!
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 7, 2016 at 07:11 PM
Since the mouse does not light-up I suspect your power supply have failed.

Perhaps you should have a local PC repair shop take a look at it.

Good luck
nvsagebrush Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2016
Sep 5, 2016 at 04:07 PM
This is my first time posting. I just had to tell everybody looking for a solution to the beeping on boot up with no results, no video on screen, just continuous beeping with a pause between. After reading many of the posts, and replies, I tried this and it worked! I took the side off the case, so I could see everything inside. I blew the whole thing out with canned air. Then I took each memory stick out by releasing the levers at each end of each stick, stacking them in the order they were removed. I blew out the track of each stick. Then I wiped each stick with a paper towel saturated with 91% isopropyl alcohol and put them back into the slots in the same order as they were removed. Push down on each one and they snap right in. Working computer!