Computer won't reboot.

Closed
Odysseus - Apr 30, 2009 at 06:45 AM
sinking38 Posts 8 Registration date Saturday March 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 - Apr 30, 2009 at 08:11 AM
Hello, Last year while playing a pc game my computer went black and hasn't run at all scinse. (Black screen of death is way worse than the blue) I thought that it might be a problem with the power supply considering that I had to use an older one from another computer anyways. I replaced the powersupply with the correct fitting and voltage and this didn't help. When I turned the computer on nothing happend other than the lcd light remained yellow. I've recently bought a new motherboard for it (same brand) Biostar M7VIZ-SATA Version 5.1 Motherboard.(
http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=275</code>) I hooked this up and the fans kicked on and the computer constantly had long beeps in the same pattern. So I bought new RAM for it and also a new Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive wanting to start from scratch and not use my older 40gb harddrive.The new ram got the computer to go to the bios and only beeps once but I can't get XP to boot. Also, when I plug in the 160GB HDD; the system Bios doesn't reconize it and I can't find RAID settings to try and force it to read. I then took it out and put in the older IDE 40GB HDD which it did reconize. When I tried to reformat this HD I get through the first windows xp setup; where it is checking system configuration. When I hit enter to reformat the computer either shutsdown and reboots, or it goes to the next blue screen where it says starting windows. At the bottom it says please wait, but I've been waiting for 6hrs. It stops me right before I get to the license agreement. I've checked forum after forum and have read my motherboard manuel 3 times. I don't know what else to do, please help.            

1 response

sinking38 Posts 8 Registration date Saturday March 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 10
Apr 30, 2009 at 08:11 AM
hi,
>it may also be a video card problem.
>check if the RAM are good.
try one by one.
go to the BIOS and make sure that the System Cache 1 & 2 are enabled.