Conditional formatting several cells risk register

Closed
oyvinols Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2016 - Aug 5, 2016 at 04:56 AM
fdibbins Posts 33 Registration date Sunday June 19, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen November 20, 2016 - Aug 6, 2016 at 07:11 PM
Hi.

I have a risk register where i want to apply conditional formatting depending on the probability (column b) and consequence(column c)
I have a 5x5 matrix giving the risk number when multiplied with each other

example, According to the matrix a risk with consequence 3 and probability 3 should have the yellow formatting. As the same risk number can have different formatting depending on the consequence and probability, i've entered severeal rules into the formatting like this
=($B5<5)*($C5=1) which gives a green formatting to the risk shown as risk 1. I cant just use the risk number as a risk number with 5 could both be green, probability 1 - consequence 5, or red with probability 5 and consequence 1.

My problem occurs when i try to apply these rules to the rest of the spreadsheet. Is there an automatically way to copy them?. Tried the format painter, but that only copied the rules.

Examlple. Risk 1 wants to have formatting for the B5 x C5, risk 2 wants to have formatting for the B6 x C6

Regards

1 response

fdibbins Posts 33 Registration date Sunday June 19, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen November 20, 2016 1
Aug 6, 2016 at 07:11 PM
either highlight the whole range before you start creating your CF rules, or, in the CF main window, adjust your range in the "Applies To" area