I can't copy any items to pendrive

Closed
Thillai - Sep 29, 2016 at 03:17 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 3, 2016 at 06:27 AM
Hello,
Thank u sir. Its really working. But I can't copy to pendrive any files. What is the reason? And how to fix it? please help me sir...

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 30, 2016 at 03:59 AM
Hi Thillai,

Are you getting an error message when you try to copy some files? I strongly recommend you to test the pendrive on another PC. Does the issue persist? If you get a write protection message, I recommend you to run the Command Prompt and type the following commands:

Diskpart
List disk
Select disk n (n is the number of the drive)
Attributes disk clear readonly
Exit

This will remove write protection. Check again if it is possible to copy files.

Hope this helps

No sir its not working.Its again says write protected. Any other solution is there please help me...
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 3, 2016 at 06:27 AM
Could you please run the Command Prompt once again and type the following commands:

Diskpart
List Disk
Select disk n
Attributes disk

Check if the readonly option is turned on. If you have used the previous commands correctly, there should be a NO next to “read only”. Have you tried the pendrive on another PC? Is the situation the same? If the write protection cannot be disabled, there may be an issue with the drive. Have in mind that these kinds of problems may not be repairable and you may need to get a new device.