Factory reset due to virus, can't recover google account info

Closed
shells - Oct 1, 2016 at 04:51 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 2, 2016 at 04:24 PM
so i have a new android LTE brand and i can't log back into the phone from the start process because it keeps saying my google log in isn't good - can't verify that its me. i have no idea what else to do other than have to go back to the damn store i got it from and have them figure it out - any ideas? i did a factory reset, turning on the phone it asks for google email address, password and when i say forgot password, send me an email link to reset google then says can't verify that it's me. i dont know when i set up my google account, obviously no phone number to have a text sent to reset the password - just an endless loop of BS and wish my stupid phone didn't even have anything google related on it. of course, from the google home page there isn't anywhere to contact them for customer support or for them to assist in this ..... any suggestions other than reset the phone again - i tried, doesn't work, also did reboot, rescue, another factory reset - same shit happens, can't get anywhere because i don't know the stupid google information and the links to reset my google account end up saying that google can't verify that it's me. thanks!
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Oct 1, 2016 at 05:54 PM
Hello

Resetting your phone will be in vain because Google was set as a security setting against theft. You must have set it there yourself when you first used the phone. Didn't you?

There are only two ways to reset a Gmail password, 1) is to answer the secret questions which you may have not registered or 2) have a reset code sent to the alternate email or phone number, which you may not have registered when you created the account.

Good luck
Actually I took it to a cellular resale shop and the technician there reset it. Don't know how but IT IS possible. I never put gmail or google on the phone because I prefer BING and outlook. Thanks for the info though.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Oct 2, 2016 at 04:24 PM
Sorry, you may consider your account lost for good.