Old gmail account

Closed
dena - Oct 21, 2016 at 05:31 PM
 dena - Oct 21, 2016 at 06:43 PM
my smart phone was stolen. now i have a samsung galaxy s7. i cannot get into my original gmail account. i tried to add it, it says it already exists. when i went thru all the recovery steps, it wants to send me something on a dj....@yahoo address that i never had! can anyone help me get into my old gmail account? hackers get into everything....so can anyone help me?

5 responses

i did all of that ambucias!! i have been steadily at this for 3 days trying to keep the faith...it does not ask any verification questions & as i said, it shows a dj.....@yahoo address as an alternative.... I've never had a yahoo address.... please help me!!!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Oct 21, 2016 at 06:37 PM
Dena

Since it is showing a Yahoo email address as an alternative and that you never had one I would think that you account has been compromised and the link I gave you above is the only recovery option offered by gmail.

There is this one:

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

I am sorry to say but there is no other way. Your stolen phone which no doubt contained your password to you Gmail account gave wide access to your gmail account and the thief changed everything to delete all traces.

Please accept my compassion.

Regards
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Oct 21, 2016 at 05:40 PM
Hi

When is the last time you successfully accessed your "old" gmail account?
my originsl phone was a smart phone. now i hsve this samsung galaxy s7.
i pray i m doing THIS rite...answering u
and i so appreciate whatever u can do for me ambucias as i m desperate to have that gmail address back!
praying u r getting my replies & that i have not lost u!!!
tbe last time was approximately 2nd or 3rd week of septemner prior to it being stolen. please also forgive my ignorance of being completely & totally technically illiterste6! thank u so kindly
Oct 21, 2016 at 06:16 PM
Hi Dena,

Since you accessed your account last month, it's not old, correct?

Since your phone was stolen, I suspect that someone may have had access to your account.

I suggest that you go through this link and procedure:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6294825?hl=en

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
oh thank tho so kindly for all of your help & patience with me ambucias! you r obviously a very wonderful person & i m so grsteful to u for your efforts! i shall say "se la vee" then to that gmail. have a wonderful nite...god bless