Xbox One password recovery

Closed
Bodonne - Nov 7, 2016 at 10:12 AM
 Bodonne - Nov 9, 2016 at 09:35 AM
Hi, I cannot login into xboxone anymore, being requested my password. A gmail address & password was entered by my son & we can't remember the password anymore for the said gmail address, having the message from xboxone saying 'Microsoft account password' . I tried all steps on the Xbox & on Google, however in vain. Can anyone help
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Nov 7, 2016 at 04:52 PM
Here is how to recover your password, (click this link)
https://ccm.net/faq/31449-how-to-recover-your-gmail-password
I'm obtaining the same 'go around' messages that my mobile number is not correct ( I cannot invent another number ! ) or the characters which are shown not well entered ( seen by different persons with me ! ) &/or that the characters do not match the password ??? It's just the same standard answers which I am getting over & over again !!!
Thanks for helping Ambucias, very much appreciated, however the steps are indeed the ones I followed many times before & just getting the regular messages that my phone number is not correct ( I cannot invent another number ! ), that the characters shown have not been entered correctly ( seen by many others as well before entering ! ) &/or that the characters do not match the password, when I was able to enter these characters rarely ! It's just a going around vain cycle. Thanks again.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Nov 8, 2016 at 05:06 AM
Hello

Just learn that Xbox one uses a Microsoft account password, not a Gmail password.
Hi Ambucias, indeed it asked for the Microsoft account password & after looking into it, a Microsoft account is no more than a gmail or yahoo or other account recognized by Microsoft. Thus, I used 3 different gmail accounts, to be given the same standard solutions which I mentioned before, turning me around in vain. I was at driver level 1300 +, was 32nd in the world in a race, had nearly all the cars of Forza collection & will need to start from scratch again, not happy ! Thanks a lot for your help & concern. Cheers, Bodonne
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169 > Bodonne
Nov 8, 2016 at 04:26 PM
I have a Microsoft account and it is not a Gmail or Yahoo account.
I seem to understand that a Microsoft Account can be any recognized account, be it Gmail, Yahoo, etc ? When I requested to open the Microsoft Account, it instructed me to put my existing email account, where the gmail account was entered & from which indicated to me that the gmail account is already a Microsoft Account. As a result, I tried two other gmail accounts & got the same go-around process in vain.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169 > Bodonne
Nov 9, 2016 at 04:51 AM
Sorry but I can't help you any further.
Thanks a lot for your effort & concern, it's not the end of the world, don't worry.