Pc doesn't turn on

Closed
abcd2314 - Dec 2, 2016 at 06:32 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 2, 2016 at 02:19 PM
Hello, my pc doesn't turn on and I don't know why.

Like a week or two ago I downloaded a pirated program (I haven't done that in a looong time but that day I really needed), the installer was in Russian and I don't understand a word but as all installers have the install button on the same place I just spammed it till it was installed. Right after that the pc started having bluescreens (saying critical service died or something like that) and becoming slower. I thought it was just a virus so I formated the PC.
However the problems where still there. I continued using the pc hoping the problems just disappeared but they didn't... Yesterday morning the screen, from time to time, was turning black (like the gpu went off) for a few seconds. At the afternoon the screen was on for a few seconds. I thought it was the gpu dying so I connected the monitor to the mb directly to use the cpu's graphics but the monitor was totally black. I opened the case to take the gpu of but forgot to turn off the psu. Now the pc doesn't make anything if I try to turn it on when it is put on is side. If I try to turn it on when it is in the vertical position (as usually they're) the hdd starting working and the fans connected directly to the psu. The one's connecting to the mb don't and the PC doesn't makes anything else.

I've already tried taking of the ram sticks and I don't hear any beeps. Don't know where the mb led is supposed to be but I've looked all around and haven't seen any light on.

So... Was it a virus that started killing one (or more) component and I just made the last hit? Was it a component with a problem from "natural origin" ( it is making 2 years that I bought the components and warranty is 2 years in my country). What is good and what I have to buy new?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 2, 2016 at 02:19 PM
You need to have a local PC repair shop do a diagnosis. Your problem(s) need "hands on" access to the hardware to diagnose.

Good Luck