Computer was FORCED TO SHUTDOWN. Monitor doesn't display anymore

Closed
SomeGuyGivingOrNeedingHelp Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 6, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2016 - Dec 6, 2016 at 07:45 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 6, 2016 at 07:54 PM
I forced shutdown my computer due to the computer freezing and now when I boot the computer it will not display anything, not even the booting screen. I cannot hear the booting sounds due to the audio jacks not working anymore. I have to use bluetooth headphones now. The mouse and keyboard are not receiving any power from any ports but other devices are. I have tried connecting the display cable to the CPU and not the GPU but to no avail. The fans and lights all power on and seem to be working fine when booted but the monitor does not work at all. Help is desperately needed. Thanks in advance.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 6, 2016 at 07:54 PM
It's possible your motherboard failed when it hung. Your diagnostic options are limited without a supply of spare parts for testing. Perhaps you best option is a local PC repair shop.

Good luck