Graphics card wasn't recognized, now monitor won't display

Closed
Jacob K - Dec 18, 2016 at 11:48 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 18, 2016 at 04:41 PM
Hello,

I recently moved my computer from my apartment back home for the holiday break. When I arrived and set it up, none of my games were recognizing my graphics card (msi gtx 970). I tried updating drivers, unplugging the graphics card and reinserting it, taking out the ram and putting it back in but nothing changed. I read somewhere that I could use some program called DDU to uninstall all of the nvidia drivers to get a clean reinstall and this is where the real problem began. I clicked to allow the program to restart my computer, the computer turned off and now every time I turn it back on, the monitor stays completely black. Everything else seems to power on fine, the LEDs light up,fans run etc. At this point, I'd just like to have my monitor work :/ Thanks for reading guys!

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Dec 18, 2016 at 04:41 PM
Hello

In my opinion, the card got damaged it the move, the manipulations you made afterwards with DDU and the drivers made it worst. Yet your card, in 2014 was rated as the best on the market for gaming.

I suggest that it's time to see your friendly neighbourhood repair shop.

Good luck