Black screen

Closed
Sabby - Jan 22, 2017 at 05:00 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 26, 2017 at 03:58 AM
So, my laptop was working perfectly fine yesterday, but today it's bugging out. When I turned it on, the Dell loading sign flickered on the screen for a few seconds and then the screen went blank. I noticed that there was a weird humming sound playing in my headphones that I had never heard before. I made sure the power cord was plugged in and the charging symbol was flashing for a while. When I manually turn the laptop off, it powers of instantly as opposed to me having to hold the power button. I have tried restarting it and pressing F8, but nothing happened- I also tried pressing F10 and nothing again.. I then tried to press F12 and it showed me the booting menu, but when I selected an option, it went blank again.
Please help!

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 26, 2017 at 03:58 AM
Hi Sabby,

So, right now the BIOS menu is not completely accessible, right? I recommend you to disconnect the power cable and battery and to hold the power button for 20 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and try to boot again. If the same issue appears, there may be a hardware issue. If the laptop is under warranty, I suggest you to contact the seller and ask for guidance.

Hope this helps