How to uninstall eset nod32 antuvirus

Solved/Closed
karna - May 14, 2009 at 12:44 AM
 eset user - Feb 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Hello,
I want to uninstall eset NOD32 I have followed this way start-> programs file ->setnod32->uninstall

I am getting pop up box display this is message "this action is only valid for products that one currently installed"

please rectified this problem as possible as early

Regards & Thanks

karna

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 18, 2010 at 05:10 PM
Hello,

Here the complete instructions on how to delete the applications

I suggest that you attempt to remove manually by following the instructions hereunder:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289

I would appreciate some feedback on this valuable tip.

Best regards
I just tryed to uninstal ESET, and as usual, there was a problem,

it either said that one of my applications was already using a file OR that one of my files necessary for uninstalation was gone,

but then I started to close down some apps with task manager, didnt work, then when I tryed to close the "wscntfy.exe" app, then a pop up tooltip told me that the ESET firewall was down,

Click here to fix the problem bla bla bla...

so I opened control panel, and activaded Windows own firewall again, then tryed to uninstall the ESET anti-virus software, and it finally worked!!! :D
This actually seemed to work! I'd like to add that I also:

1. Closed everything that had to do with ESET via the Task Manager, except for ONE ESET component which kept popping up (I think it was ekrn.exe).
2. Started up the Windows Firewall.
3. Add/Remove the ESET program.
4. When it whines about "an ESET program being open" I tabbed to the Task Manager, stopped the process and QUICKLY switched back to the uninstallation process and pressed next. Gave me one more pop-up complaining about "Make sure they're all closed, but continue therafter", which I did. And whilst it was uninstalling I kept stopping the ESET process in the Task Manager while it was uninstalling it. And after maybe 2-3 seconds it gave me the confirmation that the program was gone.

Thank you Dobrichara for your tip =)
Thank you...it works