Gmail password reset new phone

Closed
protech75 Posts 1 Registration date Friday February 3, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2017 - Updated by Ambucias on 3/02/17 at 05:29 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 3, 2017 at 05:32 PM
Hello, I recently bought a new phone and did not port over my old number that was provided for my gmail text code verification. i still have my old phone which i am using it for my gmail and for some reason I cant set up that email account on my new phone cause it ask for a password and i dont remeber it and of course i tried to reset it and it wanted to send a verification code to my old number i no longer have. so i skip the question and so i answered the correct security question and also gave them the email to send the verification code to.

I get the code type it in and a box pops up and ask my why I can't access my account please leave a detailed description of why and we will be in touch in 3 days. In which i have done at least 500 times with no luck and no good help from google. i have tried everything. But i am logged in on my old phone is there anyway to view it or see it or change it if you are logged in on a device without having to re-enter a forgotten password?
Thanks

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Feb 3, 2017 at 05:32 PM
Hi

You must reset the password with the old phone; you will then of course remember the password.

The before you set the account on the new phone, you must logout the account with the old phone.