- XP install freezes on my VAIO vista laptop
- Can i install xp sp2 in pre vista laptop ? ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- My HP laptop is stuck at HP logo after XP install. ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Windows xp install blue screen ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Windows xp install not detecting hard drive ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Sata xp install - How-To - Operating Systems
Alright, so you were not fond of Vista and decided to install XP instead. Your problem here is that many newer PC's are designed to only work with windows vista, as windows XP doesn't have the appropriate drivers for the hardware, BIOS and the type of motherboard along with its subcomponets. In this case I think you should contact SONY and see if they have the right drivers for Windows XP. If they don't - well, you just have to stick to Vista until Windows 7 arrives. (I have been told that Windows 7 is going to be up to three times better than Vista).