Connecting two computers

Closed
beckylouwho Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday April 4, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2017 - Apr 4, 2017 at 11:31 PM
 Blocked Profile - Mar 16, 2018 at 04:40 PM
1. In laymans terms how do I get the files off of my old emachine? The hard drive I purchased before it was disconnected failed to gather all my files.
2. Is it possible to use one monitor for two computers? how does that work?
I have a svg cutter and all my svg files are on the old computer. This machine is useless without my files. Damn harddrive, I am returning it! Thank you in advance

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 5, 2017 at 04:31 PM
GO SHOCKERS! Can you send me some Carlos O'Kelly's?

Anyway....

...there is a device that will allow you to connect that old hard drive to a new OS, and scrape the files off. It is a USB to SATA/IDE converter, about $30 US.

As for one monitor and two PC's, yes there is a Keyboard, video, and mouse adaptor but those things are about $90US.

Let me know if you need more guidance.
beckylouwho Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday April 4, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2017
Apr 10, 2017 at 12:21 AM
What is Carlos O'Kelly's and this cable did not work. There must be more to it than plugging in a cable?
Carlos O'kelly is (WAS) a restaurant in the midwest, at least in the 90's!

It not a cable, it is a SATA to USB converter. That is the device to use. After you plug in the USB cable, ,and the SATA drive, and apply power to the drive, you should have a simple copy paste functions! I use this all of the time!

Does your CABLE look like this?
https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/storage-drives-media/ac/5683?showMessage=1