External Hard Drive decrypted by Spora Ransomware

Closed
melvynlee.88 - Apr 11, 2017 at 12:46 AM
karel.izaac Posts 15 Registration date Wednesday July 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2017 - May 8, 2017 at 01:09 AM
Hello,

I have an external hard disc that was infected with the Spora Ransomware when it was connected to my laptop.

Initially, I right click on the hard disc folder, properties > previous versions. I found a restore point a few days ago and was able to access the files inside it. I proceeded to copy all the files and paste it into another new external hard disc. However suddenly the transfer just stopped, and when I click on the previous versions now, there are no more restore points available.

Does anybody have any idea why the restore points have disappeared, and how it can re-appear so I can back up these important information? Thanks.

1 response

karel.izaac Posts 15 Registration date Wednesday July 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2017 1
May 8, 2017 at 01:09 AM
Spora is distributed via spam emails and encrypts the files. Spora works offline and since you were transferring the data. The chances are that external HDD is also infected
It is because ransomware always first infect the restore points of a target system when it starts the attack so as to avoid being removed from the computer.
Get some professional help!!