(Excel Vba) Copy paste of multiple columns

Closed
carlius83 Posts 1 Registration date Friday April 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2017 - Apr 28, 2017 at 08:49 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - May 4, 2017 at 11:18 AM
Hi All,
I am stacked with a simple VBA macro. I have an excel sheet containing a number of columns and i have created a Montecarlo simulation where column AW and AX are automatically updated all the time. In particular AW contains Text and AX contains numbers and the values are matched. For example:
A 1
B 2
C 1
D 4
E 3
F 2 and so on... Basically what I want to do is to create a macro that reads the 32 values of columns AW and AX and prints it in another worksheet in the same excel file. We also need to ensure that all the 32 values for each column are printed out before running the next iteration.
As an extra info: the order of the letters in the first column changes according to the iteration, so for example the outcome of iteration 2 could be;
J 3
M 2
A 4
B 3
C 1

Optionally it would be great to get some automatically calculated statistics such as % of times A=1,2,3 and 4 and so on for all the 32 text values. Thank you very much for your help beforehands!

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
May 4, 2017 at 11:18 AM
Hi Carlius83,

Could you show us what the destination sheet looks like.

Doing so, the following should be clear:
Does each iteration come below each other?
Where do you want the statistics show?
Are the statistics for one iteration or for all so far?

Also do you want to clear the iteration from the source sheet to make room for the next iteration?

Best regards,
Trowa