-
Registration date
Sunday September 12, 2010
Status
Last seen
February 23, 2021
-
Hi,

I know this question has been asked in varying forms on here and I tried to modify the macros presented to work for my particular spreadsheet but with no luck. I'm wondering if the formatting that I have used for my spreadsheet may be causing some issues but I'm also not familiar with macros.

I have a spreadsheet with the first sheet being a summary page to track overall sales with columns of Customer Name/Sold By/Project Manager/Sale Date/Start Date/Contract Amount/Draws (8 of these with 3 sub columns each)/Total Sales/Total Expenses/Total Profit/Profit Percentage/Comments. I have each month separated out with a filled in row between them and a totals row at the bottom of each month to add the sales/profit/expenses up. I also have a fiscal year total row. What I would like to do is have a separate sheet for the three possible Sold by options (Column B) which are done with a drop down list as well as a sheet each of the Project Managers (4 different options) so that we can track how each of them is doing on their particular projects. I don't necessarily need all of the columns copied but can live with it if it's easiest.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

1 reply

Registration date
Sunday September 12, 2010
Status
Last seen
February 23, 2021
Hi Cmarie88,

Make sure that the 3 Sold by options and the 4 Project managers have their own sheet already created.

Then run the code below:
Sub RunMe()
Sheets("Summary").Select

For Each cell In Range("B2:B" & Range("B1").End(xlDown).Row)
    cell.EntireRow.Copy
    Sheets(cell.Value).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial
    Sheets(cell.Offset(0, 1).Value).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial
Next cell

Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Have you tried using the filter option? It basically does the same but keeps the data on the same sheet.

Best regards,
Trowa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!