Blue Screen

Closed
maree - May 24, 2009 at 02:12 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 24, 2009 at 04:59 PM
Hello,

Hi,

My sister has a window xp and keeps getting the blue screen of death and then her pc will reboot .... this happens even in safe mode and she can't stay connected very long. She does't have her recovery disk but she does have her windows operating system disk. Is there a way to get this pc back up and running? She doesn't have anything she needs to backup... but I don't know what to tell her... I alway had a recovery disk for my pc.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 24, 2009 at 04:59 PM
Yes she can reinstall Windows - she will need the product key ("serial number") to reactivate Windows with Microsoft. It will either be on a sticker on the computer or the Windows CD package. If she can't find or can't read it she can use a program called "Magical Jelly Bean" to read it from her current installation of Windows.

For a full set of instructions for Windows instillation please follow this link:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/129977/article.html

Good Luck