I'm not receiving yahoo verification code on my phone

Ask a question rote - Last answered on Oct 31, 2017 at 06:28 PM by Ambucias
Hello,
I forgot my yahoo password and I try to reset it but I'm not receiving the verification code on my phone. kindly assist me
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Have you created your account with the same phone you are trying to get the code.
Rote- Oct 31, 2017 at 05:28 PM
yes and before now I normally use the phone to log in
Ambucias 46953Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus November 21, 2017 Last seen - Oct 31, 2017 at 05:49 PM
What do you mean by "before now" ?

When you try to login with the very same phone and the very same phone number what is the message you get?

Why do you need a verification code?

When is the last time you successfully accessed your account?
Rote- Oct 31, 2017 at 06:05 PM
Before now when I try logging in on my laptop, it will give me a prompt on my phone to confirm if I'm the one trying to log on. I also have the yahoo app on my phone where I'm logged on but I just discovered one about two weeks back that I was logged out since then I've been trying to log in, asking them to send a verification code to my phone but I never received any .
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Your issue looks like a plate of spaghetti!

Before you tried to login with your laptop, you should have logout with your phone.

Can your phone receive text messages?

Checklist

Write an email message to send to your mobile device—for example, address it to 4085551212@mobile.mycingular.com.
Enter "test" in the Subject field
Delete anything in the body, and then send the email.

You can only use mobile numbers as you will get a text messages to get a account key. If you are entering or using a landline for SMS codes then you will not receive it as key code will only be sent to mobile numbers.
While entering email address or mobile number always be attentive and type the correct contact as if your contact info is wrong then you will not receive the code.
In case you are not able to receive mails then check your device problems. Sometimes yahoo doesn’t support some devices so make sure that the device and carrier is supported.
Make certain your alternating email address hasn't been deleted, the email isn't in your spam folder, and Yahoo isn't blocked by your ISP.

Good luck
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?