How do I remove the administrator

Closed
Amandar5vcw Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 19, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2017 - Dec 19, 2017 at 05:10 PM
Prashant88 Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 29, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 30, 2018 - Jan 30, 2018 at 12:14 AM
I have just brought an older PC with Windows Vista for the kids to play games on. The seller said they would leave the software on it for me, which is great but when I got home he has set me up as a user and everything else is locked by an administrator. Now we can't even load a game without the administrators permission. How do I remove the administrator?

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 19, 2017 at 05:15 PM
Take it back. You DO NOT REMOVE ADMINISTRATOR! This is put into place so your kids cannot install MALWARE AND VIRUS!

You use your account to play games, and the ADMINISTRATOR to install. That way MALWARE cannot use your ADMIN RIGHTS to install without you knowing about the MALWARE!

Just go to the store, and ask the TECH to give you or build your admin account correctly!

DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT GIVE THAT PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amandar5vcw Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 19, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2017
Dec 20, 2017 at 12:56 AM
I brought the computer second hand! Is there no way I can get around the problem?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 20, 2017 at 06:20 AM
You must speak to the person who sold it to you and get the password.
Blocked Profile
Dec 20, 2017 at 04:06 PM
Yes, as the gentleman above states, the person who sold you the PC should have the password. Get it from them, and then once you have access, change the password by pressing CNTRL-ALT-DEL and select change password.

There is no way around the admin!!!!
Prashant88 Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 29, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 30, 2018
Jan 30, 2018 at 12:14 AM
Blank is the password try it do nothing and click to ok then It will be done