Password issues unable to use computer

Closed
bearclaw - Jun 7, 2009 at 02:20 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 7, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Hello,
The passwords were changed in the bios and to log on to the computer. I don't know the passwords. I have used all the ones that I have ever used on the computer, that won't let me log in. After 3 tries it goes to system failure and shuts down. I have tried to start my computer in the safe mode by pressing F8 but it just goes to the login password screen. I have tried to reboot using one of the crack the passwords cd but it just goes to the password screen. I use windows xp. Do you have any suggestions?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 7, 2009 at 10:37 PM
If this is a desktop computer, it should be easy to remove the CMOS button battery. You remove the battery, disconnect the computer from the line power first, and replace it after about one minute. This will reset the BIOS to the default (no password).

Good Luck