Sometimes you can easily forget your local password, especially, when you log in to your Windows PC automatically. If you have to type in your password, and you have forgotten it, don't worry. There is a way to reset your key and change your Windows password.
How to reset Windows 10 password using security questions?
If you use Windows 10, version 1803 and beyond, the procedure is the following:
1. After you have entered an incorrect password, click on Reset password link.
2. Answer the security questions to make sure it's you and not an intruder trying to get into your Windows account.
3. If everything is correct, you can enter a new password and sign in with it.
This is the simplest solution on how to reset Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 password without logging in.
If you use Windows 10 before version 1803, then there are no security questions, so you'll have to reset your Windows to factory settings.
How to reset Windows 10 password with command prompt?
Another option to reset your Windows 10 password is to use the command prompt.
1. Login to your Windows PC with an admin account and click on Start button.
2. Type cmd in the search tab and open the program.
3. In the new CMD window type net user username password and press Enter. The user account's password will be replaced with a new one that you type next. Type net user [your name] [your password], hit Enter and your account's password will be changed to the one you just typed.
How to factory reset Windows 10 without password?
If you forgot your local Windows password, and you used Windows 10 before version 1803, that means that you will have to reset your device to remove the old password and install a new one. This will permanently delete your data, programs, and settings. Although, if you backed up your data, then you will be able to restore it.
To reset your Windows computer follow these steps:
1. Press the Shift key and the Power button, then select Restart in the lower right corner of your screen.
2. On the next Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.
3. Then, choose Remove everything, and you are done.
Now, your Windows computer will be reset to factory settings, and you'll be able to choose a new password. The same steps will work if you use Windows 7 or 8.
How to remove Windows 10 password?
If you'd like to bypass Windows 10 password login each time you turn on your PC, you can simply remove your password.
1. Go to your PC's Settings menu, and navigate to Accounts.
2. Go to Sign-in options and click on Change under Password tab.
3. Type in your current password and click Next.
4. On a new page don't type anything and leave the password tabs blank. Then click Next > Finish.
Congratulations! From now on you don't have a local Windows PC password.
- How to reset windows 10 password without logging in
- Reset windows 10 password without logging in
- How to reset windows password without logging in
- How To Recover Windows XP Admin Password
- Enable/Disable Hidden Administrator Account in Windows
- No xp pro disc and lost admin password [solved] > Forum - Windows XP
- How to reset lenovo laptop password windows 7 > Guide
- How to factory reset Dell laptop: without password, BIOS > Guide
- PC restarting on its own: Windows 10, 11
- Pagefile.sys file: purpose, size, location
- Speed up Windows 10 computer performance
- Permanently disable Windows Defender in Windows 10
- Show hidden files on Windows 10: via cmd, shortcut
- Update to Windows 10 for free
- Where apps are stored on Windows 10?
- How to empty the Recycle bin on C drive in Windows 10?
- How to clear your Bluetooth sync history in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 desktop keyboard shortcuts: the ultimate guide
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO