My pc has power but my mouse/keyboard/monitor won't work

Closed
PCWontWork Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 27, 2019 Status Member Last seen December 27, 2019 - Updated on Dec 27, 2019 at 10:32 PM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Dec 29, 2019 at 04:33 AM
What I use Is a Dell Optiplex 780 Desktop PC- 3.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 4GB-16GB RAM, Hard Drive or Solid State Drive, Win 7 or Win 10. My PC is pretty old and I haven't used it in a while. I plugged in all the wires then I try to turn it on. My Mouse/Monitor/ and Keyboard won't turn on. I need info on how to fix it

P.S My PC fell a lot to the side so my PC is pretty damaged but it would work. That could be a reason I don't really know
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Dec 29, 2019 at 04:33 AM
Hello, this is the best answer from this similar question.

The exact same thing happened to me today. Someone online suggested that my computer might be hung up on system resume. For some reason the system resume wasn't waking up the monitor (no HDMI signal), and the keyboard appeared to have no power.

My mouse was only momentarily powered when I turned the computer on, then the mouse light went off.

The trick for me was to clear out the system resume. Apparently the system resume is stored in the computers RAM/capacitors, so it says with the computer even if you turn off the computer and unplug it.

To solve this:
1) Turn off computer and unplug
2) While the computer is unplugged, hold the Power button for like 20 seconds. This will clear out the RAM.
3) Plug in computer and it should work.

Alternate:

Hold the F8 key for safe mode. I didn't try this myself, but I heard this worked for other people even when their keyboard seemed like it didn't have any power.

Let me know if this helps