My Samsung UN40D5500RF won’t power on

Closed
Jason_ATL - Dec 6, 2020 at 11:20 AM
 TracyBueller - Mar 10, 2023 at 09:35 AM
My Samsung TV got stuck in the service menu and as I was trying to back out somehow a MiCOM upgrade began. The TV then froze so I pulled the power and after a little bit, plugged it back in and TV still won’t power on. Contacted Samsung support and they had no advice whatsoever. The TV does have power going through it as the USB dongle with the TV’s updated firmware on it is connected and in bit to e screen itself is off. And the red sensor in the bottom right corner is off as well. Any ideas on how to restore this?

2 responses

Turcotte_lee Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday December 8, 2020 Status Member Last seen December 15, 2020 2
Dec 9, 2020 at 11:28 AM
LCD TV's have a known problem with capacitors going bad. If your Samsung LCD TV won't turn on, or makes repeated clicking sounds, there is a very good chance that you can save hundreds of dollars doing this simple repair yourself.

I know, I know. You're thinking, "Tinker inside my LCD HDTV. Are you crazy?" No, I'm not crazy. This is a repair almost anyone can do.

Don't have a Samsung? The steps below will work for you as well

Read On...

You sit down and get comfortable, ready to watch your favorite TV show or movie. You turn on your TV and...nothing! Unsure if you hit the power button, you try again...again, nothing! But you do notice a clicking sound emanating from your TV.

"What the heck? No...Oh, crap!"

HDTV's aren't cheap. Most of us have to save, or at least be prepared to spend $800-$1000 on new one. Heck, I'm sure many of you don't savor the idea of spending a few hundred on repairs. Well, I have bad news and good news.

The bad news is that you're the lucky owner of a Samsung LCD HDTV that has a known problem with capacitors going bad after 2 to 3 years, and If you did not purchase an extended warranty, then you might be headed for a $200-$400 repair bill.

Known capacitor issues? That sounds like another class action law suit to me. Whos in with me to get that ball rolling? We have a fridge that suffers from known ice box issues, a dishwasher that has already needed a new main board, and a tv that already needed a new screen thanks to the installers but of course its already discoloring. Samsung, yall have a HUGE market share....dont lose it by cheaping out on your components. Be better than that. Dont let the accountants chasing another 3% per annum ruin the security of your place in the market. Or you can be like everyone else before you, take the quick easy fast money and slowly fade into obscurity. Right Phillips....er I mean Samsung....

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Updated on Dec 8, 2020 at 12:30 PM
Hello, have a look at this Youtube video, it may help.

Regards