Xp blocking netgear connection

Closed
cgrlygo - Jun 29, 2009 at 01:32 PM
 cgrlygo - Jun 29, 2009 at 04:48 PM
Hello,
I have netgear wn11 on my pc Windows xp, I had to wipe the pc due to virus.. so I now have the basic opperating system...

Heres my problem, I used to get on the internet with the netgear with no problems... (I use WEP) and never had a problem connecting.

Now I can connect with netgear and I have a great signal but Windows is blocking any connection.. I have set it up so netgear chooses my wirless connection..

when I look at the internet connections it says low or no activity even though I have signal and am connected on netgear.

All i see is an yellow triangle with an exlamation point... (please don't tellme I need an access key I know that I don't since I was connected right before I wiped the pc..) this is an issue with windows.....

thanks for any help.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 29, 2009 at 02:10 PM
Hello,
This is because your wireless connection settings should be done again! You will need to use your WEP key again in your Wireless settings!!
thats my thing I don't have the internet... I live in a town home community and i would type in random numbers. and letters... it would connect me automaticly... Green padlock would show and say im conected. like i said this happened before and i figured it out (i think by accident) I rewipped the pc to put everything back at its orignal factory settings. netgear shows connection.. but windows blocks it.
So are you telling me I need my own WEP key to ride on my neighbors?