Migration of WhatsApp from Android To iPhone

jjwilliamsx - Updated on Oct 26, 2023 at 07:03 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14333 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 13, 2024 - Oct 26, 2023 at 07:01 AM

I was trying to move my whatsapp from Andriod to Iphone 10xr. I first took a whatsapp back on my google drive and confirmed the backup went through correctly.

Then i went to my iphone and started the process of the whatsapp transfer , when it reached the restore , it showed no backup because it was trying to get my backup from icloud.

Now i am stuck, whatsapp is not working on iphone or android.  Even though i stopped the process where it asked to skip restore, when i login into my andriod mobile it is assumed i have already moved and wants me to confirm from iphone.

I would like to know if anyone can help me either get back my whatsapp data on my andriod or Iphone back.

Would be higly obliged if someone can help me

Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14333 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 13, 2024 1,884
Oct 26, 2023 at 07:01 AM

Hi,

Uninstall WhatsApp from your iPhone. Go to your Android phone and check that your backup is available on Google Drive. Next, uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your Android and restore it from your backup. Once your account is activated, try transferring your account to your iPhone once again.

Good luck