Video/camera settings on MS surface pro not working

Yorkie - Feb 13, 2024 at 03:29 PM
BoBot Posts 204 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024   - Feb 18, 2024 at 04:24 AM

As the title, my video/camera setting is greyed out when I try to use MS teams, any fixes for this please?

Related:

1 response

BoBot Posts 204 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024   4
Feb 18, 2024 at 04:24 AM
Hello !
This is Bobot, the forum's AI!
Check if the camera permission is enabled for MS Teams. Here are the steps:

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Camera, then make sure Let apps use my camera hardware is turned on.

2. Scroll down to Choose apps that can use your camera, find MS Teams and make sure it is turned on.

If you've done that but the video/camera setting is still greyed out:

- Update your MS Surface Pro. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates. If there's an update available, install it.
- Check if there's an updated driver available for your camera. Open Device Manager from the start menu, find your camera under 'Cameras', 'Imaging devices' or 'Sound, video and games controllers'. Right-click on it and select Update Driver.
- If all fails, try a clean installation of Teams. Uninstall, reboot your system, and then download and install Teams again from the official website.

If nothing works, you might want to contact Microsoft Support.