Monitor's black cuzI screwed up, now what??

Closed
carole - Aug 28, 2009 at 07:32 AM
 no one important - Sep 25, 2009 at 01:16 AM
Hello,
I really messed up and need help please???? I unsuccessfully tried to connect my Dell 2200 inspirin laptop to a new tv so I could watch online items on a larger screen. I forgot that I had tried that before and the laptop is too old I think becaue I couldn't get it to work. Anyway, one of the things I did was to go into advanced properties on the monitor and I think (if I can remember) I told the laptop that I wanted the tv as the monitor and then rebooted. Well, that shut off the monitor on the laptop and it didn't work with the tv. Now I have a grey/black screen on the laptop and I'm unable to change it back as I can't see anything on the laptop's screen.

I do have another actual monitor. After I'm done here - I'll try to see if I can hook that up to switch back but I have a feeling that won't work either. Any suggestions????

Carole
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 28, 2009 at 07:40 AM
Dear Carole,

Everytime you before shutting down your laptop you just have to switch to the laptop screen!

Press the Fn+F8 key to do this

Thanks
Thank you Moneymaker1 but it didn't work because I cannot shut off the computer unless I stop the power because I cannot see the screen. And when I shut it off that way, it doesn't give me enough time to have the fn/f8 work to get the monitor to work again. Any other ideas????

Thanks.

Carole
no one important > carole
Sep 25, 2009 at 01:16 AM
Try plugging your Laptop back into the TV or an extra monitor. Then you will be able to see the screen on either one. Then press FNC+F8 or FNC+F4 depends what brand laptop you have.

Good luck.