Unable to login as user

Closed
Solomon - Sep 24, 2009 at 12:34 AM
Asten M Posts 47 Registration date Thursday September 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2009 - Sep 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Hello,
Hoping that someone can give me some help on this.

My computer will boot up, and come to the logon screen. When I click on my user profile, its says "logging on", the

screen flashes, then it immediately says "logging off", then "saving user settings". It remains at the logon screen.

If I try to logon in safe mode, I have the additional option of Administrator, but get the same result. "Last known

good" configuration does not help either.

I cannot get into windows at all! Please help! Prior to this happening I had run the most recent version of Ad-Aware

and rebooted several times without problem'

1 response

Asten M Posts 47 Registration date Thursday September 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2009 18
Sep 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Hey Solomon,

I would suggest a reinstall of Windows XP, start from scratch, it may be less of a hassle.

If you have files you need to pull off of the hard drive before the reinstall, you could create a Ubuntu Live CD which you can boot off of directly, and transfer your files over to external memory (or separate partition, if you have one).

If you are curious about the Live CD: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

Ubuntu is pretty easy to use.

This is kind of a last resort if you don't get any other responses.

Let me know if you need any more assistance if you decide to go this route.

Regards,

Asten M