On Dual boot, Window XP is not booting

Closed
IKE99 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 24, 2009 - Sep 24, 2009 at 01:18 PM
dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 - Oct 10, 2009 at 09:25 AM
Hello,
I have window xp pro running on HP desktop computer. The computer has been fine for quite some times until two days ago when I installed window server 2003 as dual boot for my class assigment. Since HP computer comes with recovery partition on drive D, I had to delete this drive (D) to obtain more disk storage space for the Windows 2003 server partition. I installed the server 2003 on partition D and this is what happened after the installation was complete. The computer restarted, a window to select which OS to boot opened, on the selection server 2003 was on the top and window xp on second selection. The server can boot fine and works ok, but my favorite window xp is behaving strange, if you select to boot xp, another window opens ( it is like the third window on this link (hope the link will be available),
(http://www.webtree.ca#How%20To%20Exit%20the%20Recovery%20Console:)
But this window has "Microsoft windows XP(TM) recovery Console" instead of just windows xp Professional. To make a story short, I cannot boot with window xp, selection I make, it takes me back into the boot selectio window again.
The only thing I did was to delete the HP-Recovery partition and create another partition for server 2003. I was hoping the recovery drive would not affect the HP-Pavillion partition which I did not delete at all coz I know it contains my window xp.
Related:

1 response

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 656
Oct 10, 2009 at 09:25 AM
hi there,

you will get more information on dual boot on link below:

https://ccm.net/faq/2669-dual-boot-windows-xp-vista

just follow the instructions as described

Thanks