HP Pavilion DV6000 Blank Screen

Solved/Closed
summer10 Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2010 - Jan 9, 2010 at 12:38 AM
 sam - May 2, 2011 at 11:24 PM
Hello,

My HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop (2.5 years old) screen stay blank after turning on the power switch. All lights are on except the hard disk light is not flashing. Tried install the recovery DVD, DVD drive lights flashing for a few seconds but still blank screen. Also tried other suggestions on the forum, press fn and f6 keys together, remove battary etc. None of them worked.

Please help, very much appreciated!

Summer
Related:

1 response

Hi there I have just had the same problem with my laptop. Our screen has been dodgy, flickering etc, and instead of buying a new 80 gbp LCD screen my bf took it apart and fixed it by putting an ear bud under the ribbon and glueing it there..still working but arrgghh turned on my computer an hour ago and the keyboard lights all came up but no screen, my partner started panicking accusing me of downloading more dodgy files! i literally cannot fix anything, but to my joy i went on youtube and found this technique...
1. Take out battery on back of laptop
2. Keep your finger on the power button for 1min (i did it for 1.30 on safe side!)
3. Then plug in your charger and connect to the laptop (with battery still out!) and turn on. yay you should have power!
thank you very much ,you are great man/woman