CRC / Blue Screen Error

Closed
madracer - Jan 8, 2010 at 03:24 AM
 madracer - Jan 8, 2010 at 09:20 AM
Hello,

I have a serious problem with my Lenovo N200 3000 Laptop.

I have started getting the Blue Screen of Death errors, more regularly recently.
It occurs when i try to run a few games, and recently started when i tried to copy data of the hard drive, or run Nero Smartstart.
the Blue screen error states,
Kernel Stack Inpage Error
Stop 0X0000007 . . . .

I have now removed the hard drive and connected it to another laptop through USB and when i try to copy data across from the hard drive to the laptop, i get the cyclic Redundancy error.
I have noticed copying smaller amounts of data works ok, so im slogging away and copying the data i require in small portions at a time.

My question is,

I intend to reload windows on this hard drive, once i have completed the transfer of all important info.
Will formatting the hard drive, and reloading windows resolve the Blue Screen errors, and the Cyclic Redundancy error, or do i have to go and buy a new hard disk?
Related:

2 responses

Urgent Help Needed :(
Blocked Profile
Jan 8, 2010 at 09:00 AM
Hi there,

Yes my friend formatting and reloading windows with a fresh installation will resolve the blue screen error from your laptop,you may be required to change your memory sticks or clean.

Thanks
Thanks alot for the reply,

Will attempt the format and relaod of windows and check.
You mention fixing the Blue Screen error, will this also fix the cyclic redundancy error ?

Also, changing memory sticks, if the above does not work, you mean i should replace ram ?