Cd-dvd drive help

Closed
madmantb - Sep 28, 2008 at 01:23 AM
imation Posts 27 Registration date Tuesday August 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2009 - Sep 28, 2008 at 08:32 AM
Hello,
Yes, I have same problem as icicles... cd&dvd won't autostart however they will run manually through dir.paths..
BTW iciclessss...exactly what is sp3... my op sys is w98se because I like to control my pc... not the other way around... Anyhooo I used to be able to fix my sony 24x dvd r-rw by inserting my magix mp3 software cd AND believe it or noot the generic 56x cd drive used to start working again after installing Centipede cd BUT now this isn't working....IS THERE A DOCTOR OF PC IN THE HIZZOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seems like a lot of questions in this forum w/not many answerss...I hope someone knows of a better more reliable eassier fix than that SHORT OF REINSTALLING WINDOWS
Related:

1 response

imation Posts 27 Registration date Tuesday August 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2009 4
Sep 28, 2008 at 08:32 AM
hey there,

i wont tell you to reinstall your windows but rather just try to repair it either using recovery console with the windows cd or else using a software called regfix and after that it should be working fine