Movie folder Not responding

Closed
Bulls - Mar 3, 2010 at 01:07 PM
 Crispy - May 12, 2010 at 06:23 AM
Hello,

I have Windows XP SP 2 on my PC, I had Vista on but had to down grade to XP for my work. I had files and folder on my PC whick I backed up to an external Hard Drive (Samsung STORY 1.5TB) It was all woking very well, but now my Movie folder opens and you can see the different movies, but can't do anything. The browser don't even want to close, I have to go to Task manager to end task to close the browser. I have run a virus scan, File recovery and repair but no luck. There are no viruses on that Folder. All the other files on there is working correctly, except for that one. If I connect it to the Labtop and go to the windows search then I can open the folder and I can access the different movies, But I can't go to My Computer an select the External hard drive and then the folder, then it doesn't respond. Please help.
Related:

1 response

I had the same problem. Turns out there was one video that was corrupt or something and would lock up the whole computer. If you set your folder for View>Thumbnail then enter the folder, all the files will be represented as icons of your default media player. It will then start at the left and start turning them into thumbnails of the first frame. The first movie that doesn't change when the Report Error box appears is your culprit. Delete it, and it should solve your problem.