I need help removing antivirus soft

Closed
Jess - Mar 17, 2010 at 07:30 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 1, 2010 at 06:05 AM
Hey, about 2 weeks ago I got a virus called "Antivirus soft" that's claims it's a anti virus program, I realize it's not and that's it is trying to get me to purchase it. But it has stopped me from using my internet and many other programs....i found a couple pages saying to download "rkill.com" to get rid of it, i did but it hasn't done anything! I'm not much a computer person and tried everything i know.... i'd rather not reboot it because i'll loose a lot of pics and i also have no idea how to? please anyone help me out!
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 18, 2010 at 04:32 PM
Hello Jess,

In effect rkill is not perfect, yet after rkill the job it not finished. RKill only terminates malicious processes to permit you to proceed with a clean-up.

But first we must get you to use Internet:

Start Internet Explorer,go to tools and Internet options

Click on the "Connexions" tab
Click on Parametres ,
# You will get on local (LAN)
Proxy Parametres
In the section Proxy server, uncheck"Use a proxy on local server". Click on Ok and close the window
Now you can surf again

Download RKill again

https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com

Now disconnect you modem and disable all of your antivirus and run RKill

Do not reboot your computer after RKill

Download and install Malwarebyte and update it.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Please request a FULL system scan.

IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE ANY FLASHDRIVE, PENDRIVE OR OTHER REMOVALS THAT MAY HAVE BEEN INFECTED, BEFORE DOING ALL OF THE ABOVE, YOU MUST INFORM ME FOR I HAVE FURTHER PRECAUTIONS AND PROCEDURES

Best regards

And please, give me feedback
You can just restore your computer to an earlier date and everything wil be fine.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 19, 2010 at 05:26 AM
Hello Nick

Have you succeded to rid your own system of this type of trojan just be restoring it to an earlier date. I would certainly appreciate knowing.

Regards
gawddamcomputers
Apr 1, 2010 at 02:36 AM
I had the exact same problem... tried windows restore, and so far it seems to have worked... so far.
Apr 1, 2010 at 06:05 AM
So, if you have a restore point after that date, your system volume information / restore is infected.

I suggest you run Malwarebyte.

Regards