Lenovo unable to install windows 7

Closed
Laptop Crusher - Apr 1, 2010 at 11:11 PM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Apr 2, 2010 at 04:34 AM
Ho k so I have this laptop and its currently running windows XP. Well I try to install windows 7 on this laptop (I know the spec's are more then enough to run 7) today I tried to install 7 about 11 different times first it made it to the point where it asked for a hard drive to install on trouble is that it would not find any hard drive. The next 4-5 attempts only made it to the windows starting screen and the windows logo wouldn't fly in(never made it to the point that it asked me to install). Every attempt after the first time resulted in about a 5-6 min loading screen to ask for install options the laptop also would do a beep sequence of (beee, beep, beep....beep.....beep....etc) until I would restart the laptop.

If anyone has an idea of what is wrong with this/ knows to fix it please send me a reply Thanks for the time.

Signed:Unhappy laptop owner
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Apr 2, 2010 at 04:34 AM
Hi there,

Please provide your pc specifications so as to conform if you can install it or needs to upgrade to install windows 7.

Thanks